Position Summary: The Division of Ethics in the Department of Medical Humanities and Ethics seeks a full-time Program Administrator to work with the Division Chief and a multi-disciplinary team to support the Center for ELSI Resources and Analysis (CERA) and the biennial international ELSI Congress and to implement programming for the Division of Ethics. Place of work will be in the Division of Ethics in the Department of Medical Humanities and Ethics, housed in Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons at Columbia University.
- Support the planning and implementation of CERA training program, community outreach activities, including webinars, workshops, newsletters and website.
- Support the planning and execution of the biennial ELSI Congress.
- Manage new initiatives in the Division of Ethics, including Grand Rounds, Film Series and educational programming.
- Support other Division of Ethics programs and initiatives as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus three years of prior administration experience.
- Master’s degree in the social sciences, law, public health or related field.
- Expertise in event planning, public outreach and social media campaigns.
- Candidates should have outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and self-initiative.
Precision Medicine: Ethics, Politics, and Culture (PMEPC)
Columbia University's work group on Precision Medicine: Ethics, Politics, and Culture (PMEPC) is seeking graduate fellows for the 2021-2022 academic year (appointments may be extended to 2 years). Graduate students from any of Columbia's schools whose work is related to any aspect of precision medicine are invited and encouraged to apply. For more information, please click here.
To apply, please submit your CV and a one-page letter describing your research interests, skills and how the PMEPC’s Graduate Fellowship will advance your professional trajectory to Bella Horton (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sep. 27, 2021. Questions about this fellowship and the project more generally can be sent to the directors’, Drs. Sabatello and Eyal as well. Successful applicants will be notified by Oct. 15, 2021.
Center for Precision Medicine and Genomics (CPMG)
The Center for Precision Medicine and Genomics (CPMG) at Columbia University Medical Center is looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team investigating issues of trust in precision medicine research, focusing on people with disabilities and racial/ethnic minorities. The available positions are for Research Assistant and Project Manager.
- Research Assistant position: For more information and to apply, please click here.
- Project Manager position: For more information and to apply, please click here.
Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine
The Montefiore Einstein Bioethics Fellowship is a competitive one-year clinical ethics fellowship with opportunities for mentored scholarship and teaching. The Fellowship aims to prepare its graduates for careers in bioethics consultation and bioethics education.
The fellowship includes a competitive salary and is full-time with benefits. The starting date for the fellowship is July 1, 2022. This is a clinical position and fellows must be physically on site at our hospital(s) for the majority of work hours weekly. Please contact the Center for Bioethics at email@example.com for more information. Applicants should forward their CV, a letter of interest, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Montefiore Einstein Bioethics Fellowship” in the subject line.