NMED StudioLab Journalism Workshop Application Form
E-mail your responses to the following application with writing sample to: Rita Charon (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Stephen Fried (email@example.com). Call 212-305-4942 for questions.
Email and phone:
Please answer the following questions in up to 200 words per answer:
- If you have writing/reporting training or experience in nonfiction work, please tell us about them.
- What are the particular topics or issues you think you’d want to write about?
- What non-medical publications do you read for news and features on medical issues?
- What medical journalist or physician/writers’ work interests you, in publications or books?
- What are your hopes for your future work as a nonfiction writer?
Please attach or copy in a writing sample. If you have been published in the general media, include that: if you have not (which is perfectly fine) try to include something written to engage a general audience (for example, something reported and explanatory, or something describing your medical training or work.)