The 5th ELSI Congress
ELSIcon2022: Innovating for a Just and Equitable Future
ELSIcon2022 will be held as a free, virtual event May 31-June 3, 2022.
Check out the complete schedule!
- Register now! The conference is free: there is no charge to register but registration is required.
- Save the Date! To include a larger number of presentations, we have added an additional day to ELSIcon2022, which will span four days from May 31 to June 3, 2022 at 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM Eastern Time with additional networking sessions held from 5:00-6:00 PM.
- We look forward to holding an exciting and informative conference with over 200 sessions showcasing the latest research in the ELSI community, a wealth of on-demand content, and providing networking opportunities for all presenters and attendees.
Research on the ethical, legal, and social implications (ELSI) of genetics research and its translation aims to anticipate and illuminate emerging issues relevant to policy and practice and fundamental questions of what it means to be human. The 5th ELSI Congress invites researchers, scholars, practitioners, trainees, policymakers, journalists, community members, and all with an interest in ethics and genetics to share the latest ELSI research and join us at ELSIcon2022.
Justice and equity issues are embedded in the complex questions about utility, privacy, intellectual property, commercialization, and identity in the ELSI research domain and innovative ideas and methods are essential to addressing these issues. Many of the presentations are likely to stimulate a transdisciplinary dialogue on advancing equity and justice in the context of ELSI research.
ELSIcon2022 keynote and plenary session speakers and topics include:
- Ruqaiijah Yearby, JD, MPH - Structural Racism and Genomics
- Teresa Blankmeyer-Burke, PhD - Ableism, Audism, Ethics, and Genetics
- Keith Wailoo, PhD - Gene Editing and Gene Therapy: The Case of Sickle Cell
Please click on the links below for more information:
- Presentation and Format Guidelines
- Schedule Overview
- Organizing Committee
- Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest, & Social Media Policies
- Registration Information
ELSIcon2022 is organized by the Division of Ethics at Columbia University and the Stanford Center for Biomedical Ethics with support from the National Human Genome Research Institute.