We welcome proposals for panels, papers, and posters on topics across the expanding range of ELSI research!
- Questions? Email info@ELSIcon2022.org
- The submission deadline is 11:59 PM EST, Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
- All proposals are to be submitted online at Ex Ordo.com; create an account, sign in and follow the Author Guide for abstract submissions.
- If you submitted a proposal for ELSIcon2020 using Ex Ordo, and are using the same email address, you will be asked for your password. If you don’t remember it, please click “Forgot your Password?” to reset it.
- You will be informed of your proposal's status and format by February 1, 2022
- ELSIcon has a two-submission rule. You cannot be included as a presenter in more than two abstracts.
- Presenters are required to complete a registration form, pay the in-person registration fee, be on-site to present in person, and cover all travel and personal expenses. In the event that the in-person meeting becomes a virtual meeting, only the cost of the virtual meeting will be charged and the balance refunded.
- All accepted presenters and co-authors will be required to include financial disclosure information in their presentations.
- All accepted presenters will be asked to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- A limited number of travel awards will be granted to trainees with accepted proposals (click here to apply).
Conference Format and Registration Fees
- ELSIcon2022: The 5th ELSI Congress will take place June 1-3, 2022 at Columbia University in New York City. Panels and papers will be presented in 90-minute sessions over the three days. Breakfast will be provided each morning and there will be two evening poster session receptions. Registration Fee: $300
- Virtual Program: The keynote, both plenaries, closing session and eight research panel/paper sessions (TBD) will be livestreamed for an online audience, including virtual Q&A. Virtual Program Registration Fee – $150
Content for Online Submission
- Format: from the dropdown menu, select your choice of format (see format and session descriptions below):
- Title and Abstract: describe the content of your presentation or nature of your study.
- For papers and posters do not exceed 250 words.
- For panel submissions fill in the title and up to the first 250 words of your abstract. You will be able to upload a complete abstract of up to 1000 words with title and no other identifiers as a PDF later in the submission.
- Add the email address and name of person submitting the proposal, with affiliation; country; discipline or field; academic level, and credentials.
- For proposals with co-authors and/or multiple presenters, include the following information for each author: email address; name; affiliation; country; discipline or field; academic level, credentials, and role if a presenting author.
- Biography: Please add a 150-word bio for each presenter.
- Topics: From the dropdown menu, choose up to three topic areas.
- Demographics: please enter requested demographic information.
- Keywords: add up to three descriptive keywords for your abstract.
- Panel submissions: upload a PDF of up to 1000 words with title and description and no identifiers. (Please note that these are for panel submissions only. PDFs submitted for paper or poster abstracts will not be reviewed.)
Panel session (90-minute session)
The ideal panel session provides a variety of perspectives on a cohesive theme or includes presentations that are cross-disciplinary and build on one another. Panels are limited to a maximum of 4 presenters, including one designated as moderator. At least 30 minutes should be reserved for questions and discussion from the audience.
Paper session (90-minute session)
Each presenter will have 15 minutes to present a work-in-progress or recently published paper followed by 5 minutes for questions from the audience. The presenters will be scheduled in groups by topic.
Poster (2-hour session)
Posters present a work-in-progress or recently published paper. Posters will be displayed during one of two evening receptions; experienced scholars will lead “poster walks” on various topics for trainees and other interested attendees.
Review and Notification
- All abstracts will receive double-blinded review.
- Proposals for panels and papers that are not accepted for presentation in those formats may be invited to be presented as posters.
- Only complete, online submissions will be reviewed.
- You will receive notification of your proposal's status and format by February 1, 2022