Skip to site alert.
Skip to content
Back to top
Nellie Hermann, MFA
- Rita Charon, Sayantani DasGupta, Nellie Hermann, Craig Irvine, Eric Marcus, Edgar Rivera-Colon, Danielle Spencer, and Maura Spiegel. The Principles and Practice of Narrative Medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 2017, in press.
- Charon R, Hermann N, Devlin M. Close reading and creative writing: teaching attention, representation, and affiliation. Academic Medicine 2016;91:345-50
- Hermann, Nellie. The Season of Migration: A novel. Hardcover January 2015: FSG, paperback July 2016: Picador.
- Sounding Narrative Medicine: Studying students’ professional identity development at Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons. Academic Medicine 2014;89:335-342.
- Charon R, Hermann N. Commentary: A sense of story, or why teach reflective writing? Academic Medicine 2012;87:5-7.
- Hermann, Nellie. “Meanness,” a short story in Glimmer Train, published Winter 2010.
- Hermann, Nellie. “Ben Hermann Forever,” an essay in Freud’s Blind Spot, an anthology of writing about siblings, Ed. Elisa Albert. Free Press: November 16, 2010.
- Hermann, Nellie. “No Time to Think: Making Room for Reflection in Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency,” second author with Abby Ford, Mark Graham, and Rini Ratan: forthcoming from the Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2010.
- Hermann, Nellie. “Can We Let the Baby Go?”, winner of Glimmer Train’s Family Matter Competition 2008, published in November 2009.
- Hermann, Nellie. The Cure for Grief: a novel. Hardcover August 2008; paperback August 2009: Scribner, Simon & Schuster. 2008
- Hermann, Nellie. “How to Remember,” Nextbook.com, June, 2008.
- Hermann, Nellie. “Bunny Love,” Five Fingers Review, Fall 2005.
Follow Columbia Narrative Medicine on Social Media